National Reye's Syndrome Foundation
Contact details for National Reye's Syndrome Foundation
Name: National Reye's Syndrome Foundation (NRSF) United States Telephone: 1 800 233 7393 Toll Free 1 419 924 9000 Fax: 1 419 924 9999 Website: www.reyessyndrome.org
About National Reye's Syndrome Foundation - NRSF
Reye´s Syndrome is a fatal disease. With a sudden onset it can attack any adult or child without warning. All of the body organs are affected - the liver and brain suffer the most.
Despite causes of Reye´s Syndrome being unknown there is a link between this disease and the use of aspirin and other salicylate based medications.
Work of the National Reye´s Syndrome Foundation includes:
- Educating - medical communities and the public about the risks involved when using aspirin and other salicylates
- Raising - awareness to aid early detection of Reye´s Syndrome
- Research - investigating cause, management, treatment and prevention of Reye´s Syndrome.
- Studies - into the impact of Reye´s Syndrome on survivors
- Providing - support and guidance services to individuals and their families affected by Reye´s Syndrome