Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month 2022
This Event Begins In 318 Days Time
Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease which affects the central nervous system (directly affects the brain and spinal cord).
A chronic and unpredictable condition, multiple sclerosis is marked by a variety of symptoms which may include:
- problems with bladder control, speech and vision
- loss of muscle control
- problems with muscle coordination
Multiple sclerosis affects around 50,000 Canadians, and approximately 3 people are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis each day. Multiple sclerosis is the most prevalent neurological disease in young adults in Canada.
Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month aims to raise awareness about this condition.
Funding raising activities during May and also throughout the year raise help the Canadian MS Society to:
- support MS groups throughout Canada
- provide funding assistance and equipment
- provide information and reference materials for those affected by multiple sclerosis including friends, family and health professionals
- provide support programs directed towards the children of those with multiple sclerosis
The video below is of an animation which clearly describes what mulitple scleroris is and how processes within the body cause the symptoms of multiple scleroris (listed above).
|Days To Event||318 Days|
|Organization||Multiple Sclerosis Society Of Canada|
|How Is Date Set?||Fixed: Same Month Each Year|