Swine Flu Symptoms
Swine flu symptoms are very similar to those of seasonal influenza (common flu).
Common Symptoms Of Swine Flu
- Blocked or stuffy nose
- Body ache
- Fatigue & Lethargy
- Fever - in which body temperature is greater than 37.8°C /100°F
Swine Flu Emergency Warning Signs
Early Signs Of Swine Flu In Children
- Skin turns a bluish color
- Trouble breathing or breathing become fast
- Extended rest – the child does not want to wake up
- No interaction – the child does not want to interact with those around them
- Irritability - the child becomes irritable to the extent that they do not want to held
- Flu like symptoms – these may improve but then return with an even heavier cough and fever
- Fever with a rash
- Dehydration caused by lack of fluid intake – the child may not want to drink
Early Signs Of Swine Flu In Adults
- Pain or feeling of pressure in the abdomen or chest
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
If you live in an area where swine flu has been identified and you display some of the early signs and symptoms contact your health care provider immediately.
To avoid spreading swine flu, avoid contact with other people and remain indoors.
See also 'Swine Flu Prevention'