Action for M.E.
Contact details for Action for M.E.
Name: Action for M.E. (AFME) Address: Third Floor Canningford House 38 Victoria Street Bristol BS1 6BY United Kingdom Telephone: 0845 123 2380 0117 9279551 Fax: 0117 9279552 Website: www.afme.org.uk
About Action for M.E. - AFME
Action for M.E. was founded in 1987 by people with M.E. for people with M.E.
Their mission is to improve the lives of people with M.E. They achieve this by:
- Acting as a catalyst - for the development of research into the treatment and causes of M.E. This works includes analyzing, promoting, monitoring and conducting research into this illness
- Campaigning - to raise awareness of this illness, improve the environment for people with M.E. and to help give appropriate diagnosis and treatment , services and support.
- Empowering and supporting - individuals with M.E. and those around them: carers, friends and family, professionals. By providing these people with the right information they are able to make informed choices concerning this condition.
- Providing - a support network for people with M.E. This may include local support groups, counselling and telephone help lines. They also run a dedicated web site for young people with M.E.
- Representing - individuals with M.E. to ensure that their needs are understood and met.